Bitcoin is a decentralised virtual currency which is created my Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008 and is introduced as open-source software in 2009. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency which means it is a combination of alphabets and numbers in a sequence.
10 Bitcoin Facts
- 3600+ Bitcoins are mined each day.
- The first Bitcoin transaction is of 100BTC between Satoshi Nakamoto → Hal Finney on 12/01/2009.
- Only 21 millions Bitcoins can exist ever.
- Bitcoin source code consist of 3100 lines of computer code.
- LAMBORGHINI is the first car company to accept Bitcoins in exchange for cars.
- You can travel to space using Bitcoins thanks to Virgin Galactic.
- You can buy pizza in Netherlands using Bitcoin.
- The value of one Bitcoin in early 2010 was 4 cents.
- The Bitcoin core is written in C++.
- FBI owns 1.5% of the total Bitcoins created.